What if husband does not agree to khula

what if husband does not agree to khula

What if your husband doesn’t agree to a divorce? This is a question that many women in Muslim countries face. If your husband refuses to grant you a divorce, you may be wondering what your options are.

What is khula?

Khula is a process through which a Muslim woman can obtain a divorce from her husband. The word “khula” means “to withdraw” in Arabic, and under Islamic law, it refers to the wife taking back her rights from the husband. In order to obtain a khula, the wife must first approach a court of law and state her case. If the judge finds that the wife has valid grounds for divorce, he will issue a decree of khula, which will allow her to obtain a divorce without her husband’s consent.

There are many reasons why a woman may seek a khula from her husband. Some women may feel that they have been mistreated or oppressed by their husbands and seek to end the marriage as a result. Others may simply no longer want to be married and wish to pursue other options. Whatever the reason, if a woman feels that she needs to obtain a divorce from her husband, she can do so through the process of khula.

What are the consequences of not agreeing to khula?

If a husband does not agree to khula, the wife can go to the court and file for divorce. The court will then hear both sides of the story and decide whether or not to grant the divorce. In some cases, the husband may be ordered to pay alimony or child support.

How to get your husband to agree to khula

If you’re considering khula, or divorce, from your husband but he isn’t on board with the idea, you may be wondering what to do. Here are a few tips on how to get your husband to agree to khula:

1. Talk to him about your feelings and explain why you want to end the marriage. Be sure to listen to his side of the story as well.

2. See if there’s any room for compromise – perhaps there are some things you’re willing to change in order to make the marriage work. If not, be firm in your decision.

3. Get support from friends and family who will be understanding and supportive of your decision.

4. Seek professional help – sometimes it can be helpful to talk to a counselor or therapist about your decision.

5. Be prepared for the possibility that he still may not agree to khula even after all of this. In that case, you’ll need to decide if you’re willing to go ahead with it without his consent.

What if my husband still does not agree to khula?

If your husband does not agree to a khula, you can still go ahead and file for one. However, the granting of a khula is at the discretion of the court, and they may not grant it if they feel that it would be unjust to do so. In such a case, it is advisable to seek the counsel of a qualified Islamic scholar who can help you navigate the situation.

How to Divorce Your Husband Without His Consent

If you’re considering a divorce but your husband is not on board, you may be wondering what your options are. Can you get a divorce without your husband’s consent?

The answer is determined by the laws of your government. Some states require that both parties agree to a divorce, while others allow for a divorce even if one party does not want it.

If you live in a state that requires both parties to agree to a divorce, you may still be able to proceed with the divorce if your husband is unwilling. In some cases, a court may grant a divorce if one party can show that the other party has committed adultery or abandoned the marriage.

If you live in a state that allows for a divorce even if one party does not want it, you can file for what is known as a “no-fault” divorce. This type of divorce does not require that either party prove that the other did something wrong. All that is required is that one party show that the marriage is irretrievably broken down and there is no hope for reconciliation.

If you are considering a divorce, it’s important to talk to an experienced attorney who can advise you of your rights and options under

The process of getting a khula

If your husband does not agree to a khula, the process of getting one can be more difficult. You will need to first speak to an Islamic scholar or lawyer to get an understanding of the Islamic laws surrounding divorce. Once you have a clear understanding of the laws, you will need to approach your husband and try to negotiate a settlement. If your husband still refuses to agree to a khula, you may need to go to court to get a ruling from a judge.

Pros and cons of khula

When a woman seeks a divorce from her husband in Islam, she has the option of asking for khula. Khula is a process where the woman approaches her husband and asks him for a divorce. If he agrees, then the divorce is finalized. However, if he does not agree, the woman can still go through with the divorce, but she will have to forfeit any financial claims she may have against her husband.

There are pros and cons to this system. Some argue that it is unfair to women because they may not be able to financially support themselves after a divorce. Others argue that it is empowering for women because it gives them a way out of an unhappy marriage.

Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to seek khula lies with the individual woman. If she feels that she cannot continue in her marriage, then she should consider seeking khula as a way to get out of the situation.


If your husband does not agree to a khula, there are ways to try and convince him. You can start by discussing your reasons for wanting a divorce and see if he is willing to budge on the issue. If not, you may have to resort to more extreme measures, such as threatening legal action or going through with the divorce without his consent. In either case, it is important to seek professional help so that you can make the best decision for yourself and your family.

By-editor sonam

Leave a Comment